An active and warm family in the Cayman Islands is seeking a positive, playful, and travel-ready private educator! They are looking for the perfect candidate to join them on the island in homeschooling their 9-year-old girl and 7-year-old boy for a 1-year contract with the potential to extend.
This on-the-go yet laid-back family has enjoyed making the beautiful Grand Cayman island their home. Currently in 3rd grade, their 9-year-old thrives with fun-filled motivation and structure, while their 7-year-old (currently in 2nd grade) is bright and eager to learn! They are excited to find a heart-filled, knowledgeable private educator to set their children up for success as they transition into a private school in the future. They are open to working alongside their private educator to select and design the curriculum that would be just right for their children!
The ideal candidate for this position will have a positive energy, an even-keeled mentality, and a genuine love for working with kids! Striking that perfect balance between firm and motivating and fun and gentle will be key. A Bachelor’s degree in education and/or elementary-aged teaching experience is essential, along with a passion for creating and implementing curriculum. With all of the island at their doorstep, they hope for an active, creative candidate who will be excited to get their children outdoors, exploring, and finding enriching learning opportunities! Experience working with ADD and a sense of patience and grace will be valued as their daughter was recently diagnosed with ADD. The family also loves to travel throughout the year and hopes to bring their private educator along with them! Opportunities to assist around the home, help with travel plans, and drive children to and from their activities will also be available.
This is a full-time, live-out position with 40 guaranteed hours per week. It will be a 1-year assignment with the possibility to extend for an additional year. The family is offering $30-$35/hour and are willing to discuss benefits such as relocations assistance, health insurance assistance, and sick days. Driving will be required for this role and a vehicle will be provided. They hope to find the perfect candidate by September 2019 but are flexible for an earlier start date for the perfect candidate!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, are able to swim, and have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in education. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a warm, loving, and safe environment for the child to grow and thrive
- Research, develop and implement a creative and fun curriculum for 4th and 3rd-grade children
- Research destinations and plan educational enriching field trips and experiences
- Be open to discovering educational opportunities as your days and weeks unfold
- Collaborate with parents to meet and exceed developmental milestones, educational goals and plan for future development
- Assist with planning travel arrangements and join the family on trips throughout the year
- Transport children to extra-curricular activities when needed
- Other light personal assisting tasks as assigned
- A valid driver’s license
- A valid passport
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in education and/or elementary-aged teaching experience required
- Experience with curriculum planning
- Experience working with ADD/ADHD
- Excellent swimming skills and comfortable with children in/around water
- Flexibility to travel throughout the year
- A positive spirit and even-keeled attitude