An on-the-go family based in Santa Barbara, CA is seeking a travel-ready, energetic, and hands-on nanny/family assistant to join their team in a rotational capacity supporting their 8, 6, and 3.5-year-old!
This loving California-based family is excited to spend the next year safely traveling and adventuring with one another; travel destinations may include Tahoe, Hawaii, Napa Valley, Cabo, and beyond! The fully-staffed home has a full-time rotational nanny and private educator in addition to other long-term staff members. They are excited to add a rotational candidate to the team who will be focused on supporting the children, household, and team in a Jack or Jane-of-all-trades capacity both during their travels and while at home!
A go-with-the-flow candidate who can adapt to changes in daily routines will thrive in this role! A candidate who is equally as excited to provide support with childcare as they are to help manage grocery shopping, prepare healthy and simple meals for the family (think: baked salmon, rice and veggies!), and generally offer their collaborative, professional spirit to this bustling home and team will be valued. They hope to work with a candidate who is loving, energetic, not afraid to get their hands dirty, and enjoys engaging with the children for fun-filled adventures. This position will evolve as the family moves from significant travel through the 2020/21 school year to spending more time at home in the years to come, and a candidate who is excited to adapt and grow with the team will be welcome!
This is a full-time, rotational position with a 7 day on, 7 day off schedule with working hours typically falling between 8:00am-8:00pm during on weeks. Private and separate accommodations on the property will be provided in Santa Barbara and wherever the family travels. Once the family is firmly rooted in Santa Barbara, the position will transition to live-in during on weeks and live-out during off weeks, and the family is happy to work with the candidate surrounding live-out logistics during off weeks. The family is offering an annualized earning of $70-100K+/year depending on experience and are offering additional benefits such as relocation assistance, healthcare, PTO, and sick days. They hope to have their nanny/family assistant in place as soon as possible!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and have experience teaching in a classroom, homeschool, or tutoring environment. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Creatively implement a pre-selected curriculum with an emphasis on project-based learning
- Supervise and manage the children’s activities including but not limited to school work, after-school activities, and meal times
- Provide enriching, educationally-minded activities
- Partner with parents, other staff members, and the children to manage schedule as well as promote meeting and exceeding developmental and educational goals
- Discover opportunities in the area for educational activities and outdoor exploration
- Join the family on their extended travel
- 3+ years of professional, full-time childcare, family assisting, and/or teaching experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Bachelor’s degree or higher strongly preferred
- Experience working with children of this age range
- Experienced traveling as a nanny and working in staffed homes highly preferred
- Flexible and able to travel with the family throughout the year
- Ability to adapt to changes in daily routines
- Positive, energetic, and loving approach to education
- Brings a self-starting personality and can-do attitude to the position
- Comfortable with simple healthy meal preparation