Your dream job awaits you aboard a fully outfitted yacht traveling up and down the pacific ocean with an engaging and active family!
An adventurous and active nanny is needed to join a Seattle-based Australian family with 2 boys ages 4 and 2 while they captain a fully crewed yacht from Seattle on an international itinerary. The boat will set sail towards the end of 2017 from Seattle for one calendar year. The family has been in the yachting industry for 15 years and is excited to find a wonderful candidate who loves the adventure and unpredictability that yacht life can bring to be a part of their crew.
In addition to childcare and jumping in to help the family have a fun and successful sail, the nanny will research and plan educational outings at upcoming destinations. A successful candidate will have experience in a classroom and will be able to lead educational play while preparing their 4-year-old to successfully enter first grade at the beginning of 2018.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an active, adventurous, self-starting and positive nanny. Having a good sense of surroundings and an eagerness to learn the chain of command on the boat will be paramount to the candidate’s success.
Compensation is commensurate with experience with room and board, travel expenses, paid time off and health benefits provided. The candidate will have private accommodations shared with one other crew member. The yacht is well equipped with wi-fi, gym, chef, pool and laundress on board!
This is a full-time nanny position with a one year traveling commitment beginning in the Fall of 2017.
* Childcare duties including (but not limited to) bathing, feeding, napping, and dressing
* Planning age appropriate educational outings at each location and engaging children in educational play
* Housekeeping and tidying
* Provide traveling assistance
* Provide a safe and warm environment for the children
* Preparing the 4 year old to enter successfully into a traditional first grade classroom at end of trip
* Pre-school, kindergarten, and/or experience in early childhood education
* At least 2 years of professional childcare experience – specifically with toddlers and young children
* Enthusiastic about the amazing travel opportunity and experience traveling
* Interest and focus on the children’s education
* Valid Passport
* Lives an active, healthy lifestyle and is physically fit
* A down to earth yet upbeat and positive sensibility
* Organized and able to think several steps ahead
* Must be energetic, active, and confident
* Excellent communicator
* Experience on boats and sailing a big bonus!
* Strong swimmer
* Comfortable living and working in a variety of environments
* Ability to be at sea and away from home for a minimum of one calendar year