A dynamic family of five based in the Bay Area is seeking two flexible and enriching nannies to join their childcare team on a 1-year-long travel adventure!
These loving, professional parents and their three young children under the age of 5 are teaming up with another family and embarking on a year of extended travel throughout the US and potentially abroad. The families’ older children have been attending a Montessori homeschool program that they are eager to extend into their travels this upcoming year. The family is passionate about instilling individuality and self-sufficiency in their children and identifying and driving developmentally-enriching activities for each. They are putting together a dream team of caregivers to join them on their travels and enrich their children’s day-to-day routines and education!
This position is ideal for a travel-ready candidate who is extremely flexible and adaptable to schedule and itinerary changes and ready to roll with the punches! A passion for child development and a proactive approach to implementing developmentally-enriching activities will be essential. Though a background in Montessori is a plus, their lead nanny will be happy to train their future co-nannies in Montessori approaches. These two positions on the childcare team will most often include assisting with afternoon/evening routines on weekdays, and fun-filled morning through evening routines during the weekends. Responsibilities will include assisting with all things child-related, from transportation and scheduling to tidying and preparing meals for the kids. On some occasions, one nanny will travel with the family, while the other nanny handles a variety of family assistant tasks, such as traveling ahead of the family to the next destination to get things ready, packing and unpacking, or managing and stocking household supplies and digitizing and archiving kid artwork at the Bay Area Residence. While the other family will be traveling with their own nanny team, flexibility to collaborate alongside other nannies to plan and carry out activities for children from both families at times will be appreciated as well. Excellent communication skills will be essential to work in collaboration with this tight-knit family and caregiving team!
This is a collaborative position of 35-40 hours guaranteed per week. A high level of flexibility is key and both candidates will work together to ensure the family and nanny team have coverage and support while traveling and at home. While on duty, a sample schedule would be Mondays through Thursdays from 2 to 6pm, and Saturdays and Sundays from 8am to 6pm. Accommodations while traveling are provided and covered in full, and candidates are responsible for their own housing when working from the Bay Area. While local candidates are preferred, this family is happy to consider relocation candidates. The family is offering $35-$40+/hour and are open to discussing additional benefits such as assistance with healthcare and PTO. An up-to-date passport and the ability to travel internationally is a requirement, although most trips will be within the US, with 6-8 weeks in each location. A valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required, and a vehicle will be provided when necessary. The family is seeking approximately a 1-year commitment through June 2021, and is open to extending for the perfect candidate!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create an enriching, stimulating, and safe environment for the children to grow and thrive
- Identify and drive developmentally enriching activities with the kids
- Foster an environment of independence and self-sufficiency
- Provide coverage for a mixture between 1 to 5 children at a time
- Manage various child-led activities such as reading, crafts, science/art/music projects, outdoor explorations and hikes, and more!)
- Assist with child-related transportation and accompany kids to activities as needed
- Assist with coordination of child scheduling and logistics
- Stay in frequent communication with parents on developmental updates and childcare planning
- Work closely with the childcare team and parents to ensure continuity of care
- Child-related assisting tasks including meal prep, tidying, and organizing
- Provide various family assisting tasks as needed
- Occasionally travel ahead of the family to prepare the next destination, or stay behind to wrap up the previous destination
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Ability to commit to approximately a 1-year contract and travel for extended periods of time
- High level of flexibility to adapt to frequent schedule and itinerary changes
- Ability to articulate child development goals and methods
- Team-oriented and collaborative
- Background in Montessori a big plus
- Mandarin knowledge a huge plus!
- Warm, nurturing, and firm approach to childcare and development