A dynamic, hardworking family based in Wellington, FL is seeking two rotational, Spanish-fluent nannies to join their household team in caring for their 5-year-old and 1.5-year-old children!
This bustling family has many moving pieces in their home and has put together a hardworking staff that works together to ensure the home runs smoothly. Their Palm Beach property also includes several animals from dogs to horses! The family travels frequently throughout the year, to their residences in Cape Cod and NYC and beyond, both domestically and internationally. They enjoy outdoor activities whenever they are able, from horseback riding to swimming to skiing. Their 5-year-old is energetic and social and is attending Pre-K in-person throughout the week. They are also raising their children to speak Spanish! They are seeking two rotational nannies to collaborate in creating a nurturing, active, and supportive environment for their children.
This position is ideal for an experienced candidate who is a flexible self-starter, ready to both roll with the punches and jump in with autonomy whenever needed. Familiarity working with other staff members in a high-energy role will be valued, as the family appreciates a sense of step in and step out intuition and the ability to be proactive. As the children are being raised to speak Spanish, fluency in both Spanish and English is important. While on duty, the daily routine will include supporting their 1.5-year-old while their older sibling is in school, transporting the children to and from school and activities, collaborating with the family’s chef to prep simple meals for the children as needed, providing developmentally-minded activities for the children, and more! A candidate who is eager to travel and is flexible to adjust to varying schedules and routines will thrive in this role for years to come.
This is a rotational position that is live-in while on duty and live-out while off duty. The family will be happy to discuss off-site housing for off days if relocating to the area. The rotational schedule will consist of either 3 days on, 4 days off then 4 days on, 3 days off, OR 7 days on, 7 days off, and will be decided in collaboration with the co-nanny and family. Flexibility to adjust to schedule changes based on travel and need will be important. The family is offering an hourly rate that equates to $85-$110k/year in addition to health, vision, and dental insurance, and 401k contributions. Driving is required for this role and a vehicle will be provided while on duty. The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and are bilingual in Spanish and English. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children to grow and thrive
- Transport the children to and from school and activities as needed
- Plan and engage in enriching, developmentally-minded activities beyond basic care including local outings and adventures
- Collaborate with parents, staff, and co-nanny to provide continuity of care and ensure the home is running smoothly
- Prepare simple meals for the children as needed in collaboration with the family’s chef
- Immerse the children in Spanish and re-direct them to utilize the language
- Plan, pack, and prepare activities for the children while traveling
- Light pet care (occasional dog walking as needed)
- 3+ years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Fluency in both Spanish and English
- Recent, direct experience working with children in this age range (1.5 to 5 years old)
- Flexible and able to travel with the family and adjust to schedule changes and varying routines
- Step in and step out intuition
- Team-oriented; experience working in a fully staffed home or with co-nannies is a big plus
- Attention to privacy and discretion
- Animal friendly (dogs, birds, horses, other small animals)!