A positive, energetic family based in NYC is seeking a warm, developmentally-minded, passionate nanny to care for their newborn!
Based in the Upper West Side, these first-time parents welcomed the newest member of their family in late August. They describe her as sweet, cute, and easygoing; they are already starting to get some smiles! The family is focused on fostering positive energy and kindness in their home and are striving to raise their baby in this environment. These dual-career parents work in and out of the home, and have had newborn care for several weeks, which will be continuing until the end of November. They are excited to welcome an infant-savvy nanny to their home who can be a pillar of support and grow with their family and baby for years to come.
This position is ideal for a nanny who is enthusiastic about working with first time parents, and can act as a true partner in assuring their child is happy, having fun, and meeting all developmental milestones. They are excited to work with a nanny who is activity-oriented and proactive, always ready to come up with a fun activity both at home and in the neighborhood; this may include facilitating playdates, socialization, and researching and attending classes and adventures to enrich their baby’s growth. The family will also appreciate a candidate who is willing to jump in with child-related household tasks such as baby’s laundry, organizing, general tidying, and healthy meal prep/bottle preparation. The family is hopeful for a nanny who would be excited to grow with them for years to come, who may be interested in transitioning into a family assistant/household manager in the future, and genuinely loves helping raise children to feel confident, happy, and carry good values into their adulthood.
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 50 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday through Friday between 8am to 6pm. The ideal candidate will be available to support date night, overnight, travel and weekend coverage with advanced notice. The family is excited to identify a schedule that works well for all with the goal of working together for years to come!
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering $30-35+/hour ($1,650-$1,925+/week based on the 50+ hour/week schedule) in addition to benefits including healthcare stipend, PTO, and MetroCard resulting in a full compensation package in the $85-105+k/year range for the perfect applicant.
- Start Date: This position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
- Create a warm, loving, and safe environment for baby to grow and thrive
- Proactively research, plan, and partake in enriching, age-appropriate activities, classes, and playdates, with an emphasis on reaching developmental milestones
- Collaborate with parents to ensure continuity of care
- Travel with the family as needed
- Pitch-in with child-related household tasks including laundry, tidying, organization, and prepping meals/bottles
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Currently live within a commutable distance to Manhattan
- Recent, proven experience caring for newborns and infants with a strong knowledge of developmental milestones
- Knowledge and ability to help usher baby into toddlerhood
- Collaborative team player and excited to work with first-time parents
- Desire for longevity strongly preferred
- Flexible to adjust to schedule changes and travel as needed
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US and currently live within a commutable distance to Manhattan. This family is prioritizing local candidates at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!