An energetic and entrepreneurial family of six in Longmont, Colorado (north of Boulder) is seeking a nurturing and fun sidekick to help them divide and conquer with managing their active family and household!
The family has four children with ages ranging between 2 and 7 years old. Two of their children are adopted and they are eagerly awaiting the adoption of their fifth child, which could happen at any point this year! The ideal candidate is someone who has a true love for the adoption world and experience with newborns, and who is excited to grow alongside the family as they welcome their newest family member. This family loves to travel and spend time together, and especially with the arrival of a new child, are looking for a superstar nanny with familiarity with early childhood education who embraces the energy of a dynamic household and is comfortable with holding boundaries while still being warm and loving to their kids.
The older children are currently in elementary school, while the younger children attend preschool during the school year in the mornings. The mother is generally at home during the days and has had a wonderful working relationship with the family’s past nanny to coordinate school pick-ups and activities while also assisting with household tasks such as errands, groceries, and walking the family dog while the children are at school. In the afternoons, the nanny will engage with the kids, who love outer space, music, cooking, and enjoying sports and spending time outside! The family is currently renovating a home that they will be moving into in the fall with a swimming pool, so comfort and ability to take care of children around water will be of paramount importance.
This is a full-time live-out position with hours generally falling from 7:30am to 4:30pm from Monday to Friday with some flexibility for occasional evening hours and traveling. The family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this role and are open to assisting the ideal candidate with relocation costs. Driving is a requirement for this role and the family will be providing a car while on duty. The family is offering $30-35 per hour and are open to discussing benefits such as paid time off and health insurance reimbursements. They hope to find the perfect candidate as soon as possible!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid passport, driver’s license and clean driving record. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Care for, engage, and be a relatable role model for children
- Review daily schedules and take children to school and their various extracurricular activities
- Provide enriching experiences and activities beyond basic care such as creative age-appropriate educational activities, outings, and adventures, playing sports and getting outside!
- Assist with homework
- Pitch in to household tasks such as errands, groceries, and light care for the family dog while children are at school
- Collaborate with parents to provide loving and consistent care, including coordinating daily schedules
- Prepare light meals and snacks for the children when needed
- Plan activities and support a varying daily schedule. Become an asset to the family when traveling or spending time with family and friends
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- A valid passport
- Experience with newborns
- Early childhood education experience/background in education a huge plus
- Flexible and able to travel occasionally with the family
- Collaborate team spirit
- Fun-filled and adventurous!