A loving, on-the-go family of 5 is seeking two energetic, travel-savvy rotational nannies to join their team as they plan for their upcoming adventures!
Adventure Nannies has had the pleasure of working with this family in the past and are thrilled to help them build their dream team! Primarily based in Somerville, MA, the family travels often between Martha’s Vineyard, Park City, UT, and other exciting locations throughout the year! Their 4-year-old is in preschool and loves independent play, spending time on his scooter, and learning about how things work, while their 18-month-old twins are already developing their own unique personalities! One enjoys being a fierce, playful adventurer while the other is lovingly referred to by the parents as “a barnacle snugglebug.” Their mother was born in France and speaks both French and Spanish fluently, and the family would love to meet a candidate who speaks Spanish or French, or has an interest in learning, to help their children grow up with familiarity with both languages (in addition to English). They also have a beloved rescue cat who is 12 years old, and enjoy spending their evenings dancing in the kitchen to salsa and bachata while cooking dinner or relaxing with books.
This position is ideal for a candidate who is outdoorsy, excited to travel, and will bring their energetic spirit to the role! With many adventures for their children ahead, the family would love to work with a nanny who is excited to take advantage of their travels to implement an educational bend to the day wherever possible. A flexible, all-hands-on-deck spirit will be important as the family heads to many different locations and climates, as well as a willingness to join in with days full of hiking, sailing, swimming, kayaking, and more! The family would love to work with a nanny who can provide support both at home and on the road, help to construct and recommend a structured day for the children including activities that take advantage of the local environment. Additional responsibilities including tidying up after kids, helping prep school backpacks and pack/unpack for trips, prepping school lunches for their 4-year-old, some grocery shopping as needed, and light assistance with cat care (such as refilling food or water bowls) as needed.
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, rotational schedule of either 7 days on, 7 days off or 14 days on, 14 days off, pending candidate preference. The family is guaranteeing 60+ hours during work weeks with hours generally falling from 7am/8am to 7pm/8pm Monday through Friday, and part-time hours on weekends.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-in while working with private and separate accommodations provided on the family’s property or nearby (depending on location), and live-out during off weeks. The family is open to providing accommodations during off weeks for the right candidate.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering an hourly rate equivalent to $90k-110+k/year in annualized earnings based on the rotational schedule. Additional benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance, and relocation assistance.
- Start Date: Flexible start date between October and January for the perfect fit!
- Other Notes: Driving is required in this position and a vehicle will be provided for professional use. The family is happy to consider candidates who would fly in and out for their work weeks, particularly on a 14 on/off schedule.
- Interact confidently with active and curious children
- Driving children to and from activities (family car provided)
- Helping with cat care as requested
- Family assisting tasks including: running errands, occasional healthy meal prep and grocery shopping, children’s laundry, packing school bags, general picking up around the house as it pertains to the children, running child-related errands, ordering supplies for children, organizing spaces in the home
- Provide childcare during domestic and international travel
- Be a warm, nurturing, and engaging addition to their family team!
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Recent, applicable experience caring for toddlers through elementary-aged children
- Strong swimmer and comfortable caring for children in and around water, including swimming pools, lakes, rivers, and oceans, with knowledge of water safety
- Ability and willingness to assist with common household tasks and errands
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally
- Down to earth yet upbeat and positive sensibility
- Though not required, the family would love to work with a candidate with an education
- background, multiples experience, and/or who speaks a foreign language, especially French or Spanish
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date and willing to receive booster shots as available, in accordance with applicable laws
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and are able to swim. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!