How We Hire
Only the best nannies are invited to join our team. Our vetting process is designed to ensure that every Adventure Nanny upholds the highest level of professionalism to exceed the expectations of our families. Our screening process is competitive and thorough, and sets us apart from other agencies. The following steps outline the process nannies and private educators face when applying to Adventure Nannies. After each stage of our screening process, the applicant is re-evaluated before being invited to move on to the next step. Each nanny is asked to:
1. Submit an initial, online application.
2. Submit an extensive, in-depth written application, assessing professionalism, experience, personality, and childcare values.
3. Complete an in-person interview (in NYC, Denver, Washington DC, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Seattle) or Skype interview to determine if the nanny is a personality fit for our company.
4. Complete a follow-up, job-specific interview over Skype with another member of our team for a second opinion.
5. Provide at least (3) childcare or education related references, which we contact directly. Written reference summaries for each candidate are provided to families considering hiring them.
6. Complete and pass a professional background check and E-Verify to ensure they are permitted to legally work in the United States.
We run our background checks through PFC Information Services, and provide our families with the full report before they hire a nanny. Our standard background checks include criminal history, driving records, wants and warrants, and are run in every county in which the candidate has lived. Families have the option of adding additional criteria to their background checks a la carte as well.